ok, if you’ve been reading SBA for the past few months, you know i am a tad obsessed with chocolate covered pretzels. they were the first “recipe” i ever made and quickly became my go-to for nearly every holiday. the salty/sweet combination gets me every time. lately, i’ve been playing around with my beloved chocolate covered pretzels and created these:
today, i’m bringing you another spin off. pretzel hugs.
are these not the cutest things you’ve ever seen?? not only are they adorable, they are SO easy. this recipe is hardly a recipe. stick a hershey kisses hug on top of a square pretzel. melt for 3 minutes. press an m&m on top. done. it takes less than 5 minutes to make these. then, you have to let them cool and the chocolate set. or just eat them all when the hugs are all melty and gooey. mmmmmmmmm!
i chose green m&ms for st patrick’s day, but go with your fave color or use a color for any upcoming holiday.
(categorized under cupcakes & fun sweets)
- square pretzels
- hershey kisses hugs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with wax paper or aluminum foil. Lay however many pretzels you want to make on the sheet.
- Unwrap hugs and place one on each pretzel. Stick in the oven until the hug begins to melt down (mine took about 3 mins, depends on your oven).
- While the pretzels hugs are in the oven, get your m&m’s out and ready because you will have to work fairly quickly after the pretzel hugs come out of the oven.
- Remove pretzel hugs from oven and gently press an m&m down on each one. (The hug should flatten out when you press the m&m in it. If it is not flattening out, place the pretzel hugs back in the oven for 30 more seconds.)
- Let the pretzel hugs cool completely and let the chocolate set for about 1 hour. Enjoy!