stuffed with oreos. topped with cream cheese icing. and sprinkles.
these brownies are heaven. pure heaven. just look how fudgy!
while i have my go-to brownie recipe made from scratch (see bottom of my post here for my super fudgy brownie recipe), i actually used a BOX mix (the horror!) for these brownies.
you can certainly use your favorite brownie recipe, but i was in a rush and wanted to save on time. i love baking shortcuts where i can find them!
this recipe is fool-proof. mix up your brownies according to the package instructions. pour 1/2 of the batter into a 9×13 inch baking pan. line whole oreos on top of bottom batter layer. pour the rest of the batter on top of the oreos. bake according to package instructions. Averie’s oreo cookie stuffed brownies with vanilla buttercream frosting inspired me to top these cookies n cream brownies with icing & sprinkles. i used store bought cream cheese icing. again, who doesn’t love shortcuts?!
my favorite part about these brownies? the oreo cookie melts and creates an unbelievably gooey, fudgy brownie encasing the sweet oreo cream centers. i die.
fudgy cookies n cream oreo brownies
- 1 package Ghirardelli Double Chocolate brownie mix (or your favorite brownie mix)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 15 Oreo cookies
- cream cheese icing
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Spray 9×13 inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, prepare the brownie mix as directed with the egg, oil and water.
- Pour 1/2 of the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish. Line Oreos in rows (3 down and 5 across). Pour the rest of the brownie batter over the Oreos.
- Bake according to box instructions or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out almost clean (i like my brownies fudgy!). Mine took about 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely and frost with cream cheese icing. Top with sprinkles and stick in the refrigerator so the frosting sets. Once the frosting is set (about 1 hour), cut into squares. Enjoy!
ps: you may also enjoy these chocolate-y treats too!