first, i’d like to send a BIG thank you to all my readers today! all of your emails, messages, comments, and likes on my peanut butter m&m cookies MADE MY DAY. you are all so wonderful. i’m so glad so many of you made the cookies and loved them.
these days my photos are typically taken with a Canon EOS Rebel T2i, but i used my iPhone to take all the photos of my pineapple upside-down cake yesterday. who says you need a fancy DSLR camera to take all your photos?
i’m in loooove with my iPhone. i also looooove pineapple upside-down cake.
this is a win-win post for me.
pineapple upside-down cake is an incredibly light, moist cake with a thick caramelized crust encasing juicy pineapples and sweet cherries. my recipe will have people BEGGING you for more. and the good thing is that it all comes from a box.
first, round up your ingredients.
while it’s baking, the pineapple juices soak into the cake and the brown sugar/butter caramelize on the bottom to create a thick, irresistible sugary crust. once it’s done baking, flip it over onto a large plate and watch the juices drip along the sides. who needs icing when you have caramelized pineapples? this cake will simply blow you away.
you WON’T believe how good this cake is.
pineapple upside-down cake
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (20 oz) pineapple slices in juice, drained, juice reserved
- 1 jar (6 oz) maraschino cherries without stems, drained
- 1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist yellow cake mix
- Vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- Preheat oven to 350. In 13×9 inch pan, melt butter in oven. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter. Gently press pineapple slices on brown sugar. Gently press a cherry in center of each pineapple slice, and arrange remaining cherries around slices.
- Add enough water to reserved pineapple juice to measure 1 cup. Make cake batter as directed on box, substituting pineapple juice mixture for the water. Pour batter over pineapple and cherries.
- Bake 42 to 48 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately run knife around side of pan to loosen cake. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. Leave pan over cake 5 minutes so brown sugar topping can drizzle over cake. Allow to cool & enjoy!
*serve warm or cool. tastes best when stored covered in the refrigerator.
*want a lighter version? i think i might try this one next time i bake my favorite dessert.
ps: you may also enjoy these recipes too!