hey guys! have you checked out Sally’s Baking Addiction on facebook yet? to follow me, simply “like” Sally’s Baking Addiction on the right sidebar.
let’s get on with the peanut buttery goodness.despite the little m&m cracks, i’d like to crown these cookies the most perfect cookie i’ve ever made. perhaps not as pretty as my mini chocolate chip cookie sandwiches with cream cheese icing (you don’t want to miss those, by the way!), but these babies take the cake for tastiest, fluffiest, chewiest, and peanut buttery-est (i don’t even care. that’s totally a word in my book now) cookie i’ve ever baked.
look at how thick those are!
ever since i made my rainbow m&m cookies, i’ve been wanting to try a peanut buttery spin-off.
i bought a bag of easter colored m&ms with the intention of just sitting them on my desk at work but let’s be serious. i obviously had to bake with them.
peanut butter m&m cookies
(categorized under cookies)
makes 2 dozen small-ish cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened to room temp
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup m&ms
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand alone mixer, cream the butter and sugars together.
- Stir in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla (in that order).
- Slowly mix in the baking soda and flour. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the m&ms and chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drop chilled dough by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet or silpat.
- Bake for 9 minutes. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Enjoy!
ps- i think you’ll enjoy these sweet eats too