hiiiii. are you ready for the most amazing, no bake, ready in 5 minutes, knock-off-your-socks recipe?!
it’s no secret that i love cake batter flavored everything. my funfetti cake batter blondies are my most popular recipe, by far.
my funfetti cake batter chocolate chip cookies aren’t so bad either.
it was only a matter of time until i expanded my recipe archive to feature cake batter rice krispie treats too.
gooey, super marshmallow-y, full of colorful sprinkles, and bursting with that cake batter flavor you love. do i need to convince you more to make these NOW? 😉
cake batter rice krispie treats
(categorized under cupcakes & fun sweets & brownies/bars)
- 3 tbsp butter (i use land o lakes light butter)
- 1 (10 oz.) bag of marshmallows
- 2/3 cup boxed yellow or white cake mix (the dry cake mix)
- 6 cups rice krispie cereal
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Spray a 9×13 baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the butter.
- Add the marshmallows and stir constantly. Once the marshmallows are completely melted, stir in the dry cake mix. Turn off the stove.
- Stir in the cereal under it is completely coated with the marshmallow mixture. Mix in half of the sprinkles. Press into prepared baking pan and top with the remaining sprinkles. *when i press rice krispie treats into a pan, i use a spatula sprayed with nonstick spray, making it easier to press down
- Chill for at least 30 minutes and cut into squares.
ps- have you seen SBA on facebook yet? don’t forget to “like” me on the right sidebar if you’d like facebook updates from SBA. 🙂
pps: you may also enjoy these treats too!
*this post is featured on: