as promised, i have a couple more cookie recipes to share this week. next up are quite possibly my favorite cookie in my “candy in cookies” collection. peanut butter rolo cookies.
the thing i love about adding candy to cookies is that there are ENDLESS possibilities. take a stroll down the candy aisle and i’m sure ideas will just pop into your head. check out some of my favorites to date:
i changed up the basic cookie recipe a bit and used my own peanut butter cookie recipe. the same peanut butter cookie base i used for my soft baked mini peanut butter chocolate swirl cookies. this peanut butter cookie recipe produces VERY puffy and VERY soft peanut butter cookies.
the directions to make these cookies are pretty straight forward. scoop 1.5 tbsp of dough. split in half. stick a rolo on the bottom half, kind of like a “cradle” as shown:
top the rolo with the other half of the scooped dough and seal down the sides so that the rolo is securely stuffed inside. bake for 9 minutes & you’re done! BONUS: these are made in only 1 bowl. easy clean up! 🙂
peanut butter rolo cookies
(categorized under cookies)
adapted from crazy for crust
makes about 2 dozen
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened to room temp
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 24 rolos
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand alone mixer, cream the butter and sugars together.
- Stir in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla (in that order).
- Slowly mix in the baking soda and flour. Do not overmix. Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take 1.5 tbsp scoop of the chilled dough and split in half. Stick a rolo on the bottom half, kind of like a “cradle” as shown above. Top the rolo with the other half of the scooped dough and seal down the sides so that the rolo is securely stuffed inside. Repeat with the rest of the dough and all 24 rolos.
- Bake for 9 minutes. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Enjoy!
*note: you may have some rolos left over depending on if you use more or less than 1.5 tbsp of dough per cookie.
Taste Tester comments:
- “Caramel and peanut butter are such a great combination. These kind of remind me of a peanut butter twix bar, without the crunch.”
- “The rolo hidden inside is a nice surprise! These are the softest peanut butter cookies I’ve ever tasted.”
ps- have you seen SBA on facebook yet? don’t forget to “like” me on the right sidebar if you’d like facebook updates from SBA. 🙂
pps: give these sweet treats a try too! 😉