i’m excited to share that SBA is now on facebook! to follow me, simply “like” Sally’s Baking Addiction on the right sidebar. 🙂chocolate chip muffin time.
*skinny chocolate chip muffin time to be exact.
i know what you’re thinking. the words “skinny” and “chocolate” in the same recipe title is just plain ironic. but i promise. this is not a joke. after a weekend of a few too many of these, i wanted to bake up something light, yet droolworthy enough to share. after browsing around Katie’s incredibly amazing blog (famous for her “single girl” recipes), i chose to replicate her single serving blueberry muffin. except i was out of blueberries. sooo chocolate to the rescue! darn. 😉
my skinny chocolate chip muffin recipe makes ONE large, bakery size muffin. it is low fat using light butter and sugarfree using splenda. what is crazy about this muffin is that it does NOT taste “light” at all. AND it only serves one. yep, this recipe is only for ONE muffin and takes less than 20 minutes to make. a quick, completely guiltfree breakfast or snack just for you. plus, you only have to dirty one bowl 😉
single serving chocolate chip muffin
(categorized under granola & healthy stuff)
adapted from chocolate covered katie
makes 1 large muffin
- 3 tbsp white whole wheat flour (or just white flour)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1-2 tbsp chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp light butter (i used Land O Lakes light)
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp almond milk (or soy or cow’s milk)
- 1 tbsp Splenda granulated for baking
- Preheat oven to 330 degrees. Line muffin tray with 1 liner. Set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients, then add wet. Mix until just combined. DO NOT overmix (will create a hard/tough muffin).
- Pour batter into prepared muffin liner. Bake for 17 minutes. Enjoy!
To make vegan:
- use coconut or canola oil in lieu of butter
- use dairy-free chocolate chips instead of regular
Taste Tester comments:
- hmm… since, i ate the entire muffin myself, i can’t share with you any comments other than my own. but if you’d reeeeeeally like my opinion (trying not to be biased here!!)… this is one CRAZZZZZY delicious chocolatey muffin. make. it. now.
ps- give these healthy breakfast/snack recipes a try too!
ps- have you seen my cookies n cream cookies on foodgawker yet?
1st photo ever accepted on foodgawker. so very exciting for me. 🙂