Hooray! SBA is now on facebook! to follow me, simply “like” Sally’s Baking Addiction on the right sidebar. 🙂
let’s take a look at these last goodies. butterscotch. toffee. & chocolate fudge. these cookies are decadent.
as i was brainstorming how to use up some leftover heath bar toffee bits from my brown butter toffee chocolate chip cookies, i realized i haven’t shared any chocolate cookie recipes on SBA yet. i have a go-to chocolate cookie recipe that i found ages ago and have used it several times. this basic chocolate cookie recipe has absolutely no eggs (wooooo! safe cookie dough!) and results in a super rich cookie that is almost brownie-like. moist, fudgy, and very chewy. i like my cookies extraaaa chewy.
butterscotch toffee chocolate fudge cookies
(categorized under cookies)
makes 2 1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened to room temp
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup hershey’s special dark cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup milk (i used almond milk, but regular or soy would be fine)
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup toffee bits (Heath Bar Bits ‘o Brickle baking pieces)
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray (or line w/ silpat). Set aside.
- With a stand alone mixer, beat the butter on medium speed until light & creamy. Add both sugars & vanilla and beat until smooth.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa. Add 1/2 of the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Stir in milk. Add the second 1/2 of the flour mixture. Mix well. Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Scoop the chilled dough by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12-13 minutes and let the cookies cool completely on the cookie sheet between batches.
ps- i think you’ll enjoy these cookies too