hi everyone! as of yesterday, Sally’s Baking Addiction is now on facebook! to follow me, simply “like” Sally’s Baking Addiction on the right sidebar. 🙂
there have been a few too many cookies around here recently. not that i’m complaining:
let’s take a break from the butter and sugar overload (not a long break, don’t you worry! i have 3 new cookie recipes to throw at you next week…) and sit back with some wholesome, 100% vegan, and guilt-free apple cinnamon granola.
homemade granola is SO much easier than you think. not only is incredibly cheaper than storebought, it is also 10000% healthier. no crazy ingredients you can hardly pronounce, unnecessary added sugars, fats, or preservatives.
take note: whenever i’m making granola, i stick to 5 basic components and mix & match with whatever i have laying around. sticking to those 5 main ingredients makes it easy to come up with creative, tasty granola recipes:
- Grains (oats)
- Dried fruit
- A sticky sweetener (honey, maple syrup, agave, etc)
- A binder (nut butter, pureed dried fruit, apple sauce, etc)
apple cinnamon granola (vegan)
(categorized under granola & healthy stuff)
make 4.5 cups
- 2.5 cups whole rolled oats
- 3/4 cup ground flax
- 5 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon (go by taste preference. i LOVE a ton of cinnamon)
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup dried apple rings, chopped
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper & set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flax, cinnamon, pecans, and dried apples. Stir to combine.
- In a seperate small bowl, whisk together applesauce, maple syrup, and salt. Pour mixture over oat mixture and stir until all oats are coated well. Add more maple syrup/applesauce if needed.
- Pour mixture over prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through. Allow to cool uncovered for about 30 minutes. Enjoy!
- “this granola is soft and not a typical crunchy granola. it tastes very light and doesn’t weigh me down.”
- “i love the chewy dried apple pieces!”