there is some magical ingredient in desserts that just makes stress melt away. i’m pretty sure it’s the chocolate.
so after hectic workweek and facing a to-do list that goes on for a mile, i knew i needed some chocolate therapy. enter rosie @ sweetapolita. i spotted rosie’s chocolate dipped brownies a few weeks ago on pinterest and knew i had to make them. rosie’s site is full of mouthwatering cakes, cupcakes, and sprrrrrrinkles. 🙂
these babies are soooo easy to make. simply bake up your favorite brownie recipe (the one i used is below), cut into little rectangles, freeze, then dip them in chocolate and sprinkles. ta-da! a stress reliever at its finest.
i wanted to name these chocolate covered brownies, but that would be a lie. they are only dipped. it was darn near impossible to fully dip them in the chocolate and still have them look cute, trust me.
chocolate dipped brownies
(categorized under brownies/bars and cupcakes & fun sweets)
- 1 prepared batch of your favorite brownies (box mix OR see my recipe below)
- 2 semi-sweet bakers chocolate blocks (in baking aisle- i prefer it over chocolate chips for coating)
- Prepare & bake brownies according to directions. Let cool completely.
- Cut brownies into rectangles and freeze at least 2 hours on a baking sheet (pictured above).
- Once brownie rectangles are frozen solid, remove from freezer. In a medium size bowl, break up the chocolate bars and melt for about 1 minute in microwave, stirring every 20 seconds. Microwave for longer until chocolate is completely smooth.
- Dip brownie tops into melted chocolate and decorate with sprinkles. Chill in the fridge for about 20 minutes until chocolate is hardened. Enjoy!
Basic Fudgy Chocolate Chip Brownies
- 1 stick butter
- 8 ounces coarsely chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9×13 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a medium saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly (about 6 minutes). Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature (about 15 minutes).
- Stir sugar into cooled chocolate/butter mixture until combined. Add in the eggs one at a time, whisking until smooth after each addition. Whisk in the vanilla. Gently fold in the flour, salt, and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top with a knife. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out *almost* clean.
ps- i think you’ll enjoy these treats too
*this post was featured on sugar & dots: