the combo of mint and chocolate is most definitely one of my favorite flavor combinations. obviously can’t compete with my go-to chocolate and peanut butter, but that’s another story. honestly what is better than chocolate and peanut butter??! ok, i digress…
anyway. ever since i made my york peppermint patty chocolate chip cookie bars over christmas time, i’ve been wanting to make another sweet treat with the same flavors. i stumbled upon beth’s mint chocolate chip cookies and tweaked the recipe a bit to bake up, what i am almost 100% convinced, is my favorite cookie to date.
the cookie base is essentially a regular chocolate chip cookie recipe, but i subbed 1/2 of the chocolate chips for andes mint baking chips. these cookies are FULL of mint and chocolate flavor. just wait until you sneak a taste of the raw cookie dough… (i know, i know. i couldn’t resist!)
note: if you can’t find andes mint chocolate baking chips in a store near you, you may simply chop up some andes mint bars and throw them in instead.
give these a try, you will NOT be disappointed!
(categorized under Cookies)
adapted from eat.drink.smile
makes 3 dozen cookies
- 1 stick butter, softened to room temp
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Andes mint baking chips (OR 1 cup chopped andes mint bars)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the butter and both sugars together on medium speed until light and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Add the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (except for the andes mint chips and chocolate chips) and add to the butter mixture until just combined. Mix in the Andes chips & chocolate chips. Dough will be sticky, so chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon-fuls onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes until sides begin to brown. Cool completely on a wire rack and enjoy!