i have 3 incredible variations of chocolate chip cookies to share this week! i’m excited to start them off with these babies. these aren’t just any old chocolate chip cookies. they are stuffed with snickers bars!
i got the idea from Averie over at love veggies and yoga to stuff chopped snickers bar pieces inside of a chocolate chip cookie. brilliant! Averie has an incredible repertoire of delicious cookie recipes.
what is better than candy inside a cookie?!
snickers bar stuffed chocolate chip cookies
(categorized under Cookies)
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen stuffed cookies
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 fun sized snickers bars, chopped into 4 slices each
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat the butter and both sugars together on medium speed until light and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Add the vanilla.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda, and salt until just combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix until incorporated into the dough.
- Take a tablespoonful of dough and press a snickers piece in the middle. (pictured above) Cover with a “lid” of dough, making sure to press down so that the snickers piece is sealed inside.
- Place onto baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, or until edges are slightly browned. Remove and let cool completely on a cooling rack. Enjoy!
recipe adapted from love veggies and yoga
ps- i think you’ll enjoy these cookies too