if you are looking for a crowd pleaser, look no further! these mini chocolate chip cookie sandwiches, stuffed with cream cheese frosting and rolled into colorful sprinkles, are the perfect bringalong to any kind of get together. not only are they adorably festive (roll them in different colored sprrinkles for different occassions!), they are sweet and perfectly delicious.
*make sure they are uniform in size because each cookie needs a matching buddy to sandwich the cream cheese frosting. 🙂
i’d say these cookies are perfect, just like my rainbow m&m cookies
mini chocolate chip cookies sandwiches
(categorized under Cookies)
adapted from The Sweets Life
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- cream cheese frosting (i used store bought)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, cream together the melted butter and both sugars until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until creamy. Gently stir in the flour mixture until just blended (do not overmix). Stir in the chocolate chips by hand with a wooden spoon.
- Drop cookie dough into small 1-inch balls and bake for 8-9 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned. Let the cookies cool completely on a wire rack. (*note: it is extremely important to let them cool completely. you do not want the warm cookies to malt the frosting!)
- Pour sprinkles onto a large plate (or any flat pan/sheet/surface). Spread cream cheese frosting onto the underside of one cookie and sandwich another cookie bottom gently against it. Roll the sides into the sprinkles to coat. Enjoy!!
my other crowd pleaser recipes:
this post is featured on: