i’ve certainly made a lot of granola recently, but this granola is definitely my favorite of the bunch. it reminded me of my oatmeal raisin cookie granola, except minus the chocolate and replace with some fruity jam. 🙂 it smells like a peanut butter & jelly sandwich while it’s baking, and the end result tastes like one too. with a lot of crunch! i love the salty/sweet, chewy/crunchy combos this granola has. i chose apricot jam for this particular batch, but i’m sure a strawberry or raspberry jam would be good too (oooo maybe with craisins or dried strawberries instead of raisins…future recipe for me, perhaps?!) hope you enjoy! 🙂
lightly adapted from Simply Scratch
- 3 cups whole rolled oats
- 3/4 cup ground flax
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup apricot jam (or any flavor)
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper & set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, flax, cinnamon, peanuts, and pecans. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, melt the peanut butter and honey together for about 30 seconds in the microwave (you want it to be runny and smooth). Pour over oat mixture.
- Next, add the jam and canola oil to the oat mixture. Gently mix. You want the jam and peanut butter to (kind of) stay seperate.
- Pour mixture over prepared baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from oven and add raisins. Allow to cool uncovered for about 30 minutes to give the granola time to crunch up. Enjoy!
ps- i think you’ll enjoy these healthy bites too