peanut butter chocolate chip blondie hearts.
i made these earlier last week as a valentine’s day treat. 🙂 it’s an incredibly easy and simple recipe… and it turns out that they are completely vegan too (if you use almond milk and vegan chocolate chips). they are bursting with peanut butter flavor and the peanuts and chocolate chips sprinkled on top gives them a nice crunch. these are easily one of my favorite recipes!
peanut butter chocolate chip blondies
makes about 16 blondie squares or 6 hearts (depending on size of heart shaped cookie cutter)
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 milk (i used almond milk)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (divided in half. you will melt 1/4 cup and drizzle on top)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease an 8×8 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together peanut butter, oil, and sugar.
- Stir in milk and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, salt and baking powder. The batter will be very thick.
- Transfer to baking pan and press it into place. Sprinkle the peanuts and 1/4 cup chocolate chips on top, pressing them gently into the batter.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, until the edges are just barely browning. The top will look very soft.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before slicing into squares or hearts. Melt the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips and use a fork to drizzle on top of each square/heart. Enjoy!
ps- i think you’ll enjoy these chocolate/peanut butter goodies too