loaded sugar cookie bars
these bars are incredibly easy to make! i’ve been wanting to use some premade sugar cookie dough i’ve had on hand, but wanted to bake something completely different than plain sugar cookies! i’ve had a bunch of different m&ms laying around from different recipes, so i threw them in with some mini chocolate chips and came out with an incredibly delicious and easy loaded cookie bar in under 30 minutes! they are super soft, colorful, and loaded with gooey chocolate. 🙂
adapted from Pip & Ebby
makes about 16 bars
- 1 roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough, at room temperature (16.5 oz package)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup regular m&ms
- 1/2 cup pretzel m&ms
- 1/2 cup peanut m&ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8×8 baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix together all ingredients. Don’t be afraid to use your hands!
- Press dough evenly into the prepared baking dish. There may be extra m&ms or chocolate chips at the bottom of your mixing bowl that couldn’t quite be mixed into the dough. Press these extra add-ins into the top of the bars. Bake for 25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Make sure to cool COMPLETELY before cutting into squares. Enjoy!
PS: you may also enjoy: