here is my original go-to recipe for chocolate covered pretzels. i make them for nearly every holiday, using different colored sprinkles to reflect the holiday colors. i usually use honey-wheat pretzels but decided to do something a little different for valentine’s day. making these could not be easier! i think white chocolate would look extra pretty with the valentine’s day sprinkles too. 🙂
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, break up the chocolate bars into small pieces so they melt easily. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove and stir for about a minute. The chocolate will continue to melt as you stir. If needed, microwave in 10 second increments until all is melted and smooth.
- Take a pretzel and dip into chocolate, using a spoon to evenly cover 1/2 of the pretzel. Shake the pretzel a bit to remove any excess chocolate.
- Immediately cover the chocolate with sprinkles before the chocolate hardens. I usually do this over a paper plate, to catch the sprinkles that miss the pretzel.
- Place each pretzel on parchment paper lined baking sheet and refrigerate for about 10 minutes for the chocolate to harden. Enjoy!
ps: you might also enjoy my chocolate peanut butter pretzel bites!