aka the EASIEST cookie i’ve ever made! just like my peanut butter sweethearts, these cookies require minimal clean up and can be made in just one bowl. take a box of devil’s food chocolate cake mix, a couple eggs, butter, a splash of vanilla, and a scoop of flour and you can have homemade cookies in just 10 minutes. 🙂
they are super soft, almost a cross between a fudgy brownie and a chewy cookie. you may leave them plain or roll them in some festive sprinkles, like these tiny hearts for valentine’s day. i also decorated a couple cookies with some red mini m&ms i had leftover from my rainbow m&m cookies. feel free to use any sprinkle/candy of choice. 🙂
makes about 30 cookies
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (any brand- i used pillsbury devil’s food)
- 1 1/2 tbsp flour
- 1 stick softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- sprinkles for rolling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well. it will take a bit of elbow grease to get it all combined!
- Spill some sprinkles onto a plate. Form dough into tablespoon-sized balls and roll in the sprinkles.
- Bake on an ungreased baking sheet for 10 minutes. Let cool on the sheet for another 10 minutes after removing from the oven. Enjoy!