brownie layer on the bottom, peanut & peanut butter cup layer in the middle, chocolate/peanut butter rice krispies on top
peanut butter cup crunch brownies
not exactly health food! recipe is adapted from here. it goes without saying that brownies are SO GOOD. And pretty easy to make using a boxed brownie mix. 🙂
- 1 batch brownies (i used a box mix)
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- 8 chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups rice krispies
- Mix brownies according to directions in a 9 x 13 pan and bake for about 5 minutes less than what the box calls for.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with peanuts and peanut butter cups, as pictured above. Return to oven and bake for 5 more minutes.
- While brownies are finishing in the oven, melt chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in cereal and mix well.
- Remove brownies from oven and evenly pour pb/chocolate/rice krispie mixture over brownies.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting into squares. Enjoy!!