my go-to treat for nearly every holiday 🙂
I typically use honey wheat pretzels, just because they are my favorite but any type of pretzel will do (i used Synder’s Olde Tyme Pretzels for the valentine’s day pretzels above). You can get creative and use toppings other than sprinkles like crushed oreos, crushed candy canes, crushed nuts, or mini m&ms. I just like to use an excessive amount of sprinkles. 🙂
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, break up the chocolate bars into small pieces so they melt easily. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove and stir for about a minute. The chocolate will continue to melt as you stir. If needed, microwave in 10 second increments until all is melted and smooth.
- Take a pretzel and dip into chocolate, using a spoon to evenly cover 1/2 of the pretzel. Shake the pretzel a bit to remove any excess chocolate.
- Immediately cover the chocolate with sprinkles before the chocolate hardens. I usually do this over a paper plate, to catch the sprinkles that miss the pretzel.
- Place each pretzel on parchment paper lined baking sheet and refridgerate for about 10 minutes for the chocolate to harden. Enjoy!