loaded with peanut butter flavor, these blondies are super easy and quick to whip up. these blondies are extremely soft & chewy with the reese’s pieces providing a deliciously crunchy contrast. light butter worked well in this recipe. i’ve actually had a lot of luck subbing light butter for regular butter when i bake blondies or cookie bars that also contain peanut butter. the taste or texture is not sacrificed at all using the reduced fat butter. woo hoo! i’m trying to keep at least some recipes semi healthy. 🙂
hope you enjoy!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (i used light butter)
- 2 cups brown sugar (i prefer dark brown sugar, but light would work too)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup reese’s pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9 x 13 pan and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat, and stir in the peanut butter. Set mixture aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add eggs, one at a time, to the peanut butter mixture, mixing well after each egg. Stir in vanilla extract. Add this mixture to the prepared dry ingredients, and stir until batter is smooth. Fold in 1/2 cup of reese’s pieces, leaving 1/4 cup to sprinkle on top.
- Pour batter into the greased pan, spreading batter evenly. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup reese’s pieces.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown and edges are slightly browned. Allow 20 minutes to cool and cut with serrated knife into squares. Enjoy!