candy cane kiss cookies
recipe from hershey’s. the hershey’s website says this recipe yields 48 cookies. i only got about 30 out of the recipe and the cookies were still pretty tiny.
- 1 bag Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/4 tsp salt
- red & green sugar crystal sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla until well blended.
- In a seperate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Add alternately with milk to butter mixture, beating until well combined.
- Shape dough into small 1-inch balls. Roll in red or green sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 – 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookie is set. Remove from oven; cool for 3-4 minutes. Press a hershey kiss into center of each cookie. Place in freezer immediately, to avoid the kiss from melting. Remove after about 10 minutes. The kisses take about 3-4 hours to “set.”